Director of Staff Development (DSD)
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for orientation, direction, evaluation, and revision of SNF nursing department educational programs, plan and implement Certification Training Program for nursing assistants as required by state regulations and conduct hospital orientation for all hospital personnel.
• High School.
• Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and currently licensed in the State of California.
• Must have one year full-time experience as a licensed nurse in providing direct nursing care in long term care .
License or Certification:
• Current CA LVN License and CPR.
• Within six (6) months of employment, the director shall obtain a minimum of 24 hours of continuing education in planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs in nursing. Courses must be approved by the Board of Registered Nurses or administered by an accredited educational institution.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Must have one year of experience in planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs in the field of nursing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Organizes, posts & delivers at least 24 hours of CNA in-service training annually through classes which are made available at times accessible to all shifts.
• Plans in-services addressing 10 mandatory topics annually using facility consultants where appropriate.
• Maintains current education records of classes conducted, attendance and clinical performance of each CNA.
• Completes an Orientation Skills Return Demonstration Checklist on all new CNA’s showing they are competent to perform all direct care tasks they will be assigned and provides skill training in any deficient area before allowing the CNA to perform the task with a resident.
• Does annual CNA Competency Testing.
• In-services SNF staff on all new equipment and policies & procedures.
• Reports to SNF Supervisor any problems or situations arising with SNF staff.
• Keeps SNF medication room supplied with all house medications. Places medication orders each Monday with the Director of Nursing Services. Checks for outdated medications at the end of each month and returns drug to the drug room.
• Keeps current CPR Instructor Certificate and ensures employees receive and maintain CPR certification.
• Responsible for SNF resident care plans with SNF Supervisor.
• May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
General Application - Print, fill it out and mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Mary Gonzales - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager