SNF Director of Nursing Services (SNF DON)
JOB SUMMARY: Will plan, organize, direct, control, and/or coordinate medical and health services in the Skilled Nursing Facility. Accountable for management responsibilities that include staffing, leading, morale, customer satisfaction, quality, organizing and role modeling for nursing services. Performs the functions of a professional leader in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating services provided.
• Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
• Minimum of two years in nursing, and/or completion of approved course in nursing administration.
• Minimum of two years experience in Long Term Care or Psych Facility.
License or Certification:
• Current CA RN License and CPR
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Maintain neat, professional appearance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviewing, writing and updating policies and procedures.
• Initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Ensuring compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Investigating and correcting problems.
• Reviewing and auditing dietary, pharmacy, and resident medical records.
• Documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Attending and documenting SNF Quality Assurance and Infection Control meetings.
• Overseeing the Quarterly Medical review.
• Developing and interpreting infection-control policies and protocols.
• Reviewing and enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Complying with procedures, rules and regulations regarding safety and sanitation.
• Overseeing the employee health program for all hospital staff.
• Being a participant in the screening, interviewing and selection of staff.
• Conducting annual staff evaluations and periodic reviews of Job descriptions.
• Developing and overseeing the DSD training program, CNA certification program, and staff in-service training.
• Coordinating services with community agencies, physicians, families/residents, and other departments within the hospital.
• Supervising resident admissions, resident assessments, MDS, discharge planning, activities program, and care plans on all SNF residents.
• Responding promptly to requests and answering questions.
• Fostering team-work and cooperation.
• May perform other job-related duties as assigned by the CEO.
General Application - Print, fill it out and mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Roxanne Culp - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager