JOB SUMMARY: Must have a working knowledge of all-routine Computed Tomography (CT) and radiographic procedures, bedside portable procedures and must possess competency in the use of HIS/RIS (hospital information system/radiology information system), teleradiology, CR/DR and PACS systems. He/She will work under the general direction/supervision of the Director of Medical Imaging (or designee) and perform to the satisfaction of the Radiologist May be required to manipulate heavy equipment utilizing proper body mechanics and maneuver patients who may be partially or totally disabled.
• High School or GED
Successful completion of an accredited training program (approved by JRCERT) in Radiologic Technology.
• Possess good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Possess knowledge of software and computer applications, typing &general clerical duties.
• Possesses the knowledge ability of utilizing correct body mechanics in patient/equipment interaction.
• Must be able to read, speak, write and understand English.
• Must possess one (1) to three (3) years of experience in general Radiography preferred.
License or Certification:
• Must hold a valid California State Certificate in Diagnostic Radiologic Technology (CRT in Radiographic & Fluoroscopy).
• American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)/National Radiography Registration (Two years’ experience preferred).
• CT Certification or Certification eligible.
• CPR Certification through American Red Cross or American Heart Association within 90 days of employment.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• You will work 7 days on (Being on-Call), and 7 days off.
• Process x-ray and CT Scran requests from mid level providers and physicians and perform tests as ordered.
• Maintain patient records and other documents by filing accurately and maintaining an accurate daily log either in hard copy or electronic format.
• Comforts patients by anticipating anxieties, answering questions and maintaining open communication with the patient and family members.
• Maintains an orderly work area and reception room.
• Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level, anticipating needed supplies, placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
• Optimizes patient’s satisfaction by providing efficient procedure room utilization by scheduling accurate appointments while managing emergency requests in a timely manner.
• Obtains, manages and archives appropriate patient information (Protected Health Information) within the patient's medical record, electronic medical record (if available) and electronic imaging systems (ie, PACS).
• Maintain a clean and orderly Department by adhering to Infection Control Procedures based on best practices and also by applying good housekeeping practices.
• Actively participates in the on-call rotation for X-ray and CT as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
General Application - Print, fill it out and mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Roxanne Culp - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager