Physical Therapy Office Coordinator
JOB SUMMARY: To manage therapy and patient schedules with accuracy and support therapy staff in all areas needed. Provide an efficient office flow for patients and efficient office environment for the physical therapy department.
• High School
• 1 year prior medical office management experience, including experience with medical billing.
License or Certification:
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Open office, answer phone line(s), schedule patient appointments, address patient questions, follow up with patients, doctors and various industries as appropriate, provide reminder phone calls, coordinate transportation for patients as needed.
• Greet patients up on entry to the clinic, advise therapist of patient arrival.
• Responsible for maintaining optimal patient flow.
• Coordinate employee schedule ensuring adequate staffing with approval of department manager, manage accurate schedule for timing of progress notes, re-certifications and discharges for maintaining compliance with insurance/regulatory guidelines.
• Ensure staff completes tasks as relates to office functions and insurance guidelines.
• Create and maintain patient charts.
• Send reports and communications to doctors and ensure appropriate doctor signature are obtained within insurance guidelines via fax or electronic signature.
• Obtain necessary authorizations and verify insurance.
• Correspond with patients regarding insurance information and co-payments so patients have a clear understanding of how their insurance works in relation to services provided.
• Distribute, explain and review all new patient information including attendance policy, front and back pages, and documents purpose .
• Manage and track patient referrals and number of authorized visits.
• Process incoming and outgoing mail, email and faxes.
• Perform quality assurance check of all superbills before posting charges for coding department.
• Track billing and number of visits for monthly reports.
• Work and collaborate with billing and coding offices for generating accurate billing.
• Assist management with miscellaneous tasks and projects.
• Maintain HIPPA compliance, follow organizational policy and procedures at all times.
• Light housekeeping duties.
• Be able to lift 25 pounds.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office Suite, EMR system experience, type minimum of 40WPM.
General Application - Print, fill it out and mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Roxanne Culp - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager