Physical Therapy/Rehabilitation Manager
JOB SUMMARY: To provide physical therapy services to a remote community maintaining high ethical standards, incorporating the newest research in treatment practices, providing ongoing assessments with appropriate changes in treatment to optimize patient care, and provide appropriate leadership to supporting personnel.
• Physical Therapy Degree - Graduation from a physical therapy curriculum acceptable to the Commission on Accreditation in Education of the American Physical Therapy Association and approved by the California State Board of Medical Quality Assurance.
• Graduation from a physical therapy curriculum acceptable to the Commission on Accreditation in Education of the American Physical Therapy Association and approved by the California State Board of Medical Quality Assurance.
• Open to various levels of experience
License or Certification:
• A current California Registered Physical Therapist license.
• BLS (Basic Life Support) through the American Heart Association are required.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language.
• Computer skills required .
• Demonstrates high level of personal and professional accountability and responsibility .
• Self-directed and performs duties independently.
• Ability to problem solve and apply critical thinking skills.
• Must have the proven ability to maintain confidentiality .
• Must demonstrate excellent customer service and communication skills .
• Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate daily work flow to ensure department needs are met .
• Must be flexible, dependable, and demonstrate the ability to adapt to change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide physical therapy services by conducting evaluations, plan, organize and administer treatment programs and protocols, and generate goals .
• Observe and evaluate treatment effects, make appropriate changes with therapy staff and recommend change to physician as needed.
• Ensure staff demonstrate knowledge and proficiency of therapy modalities and use of equipment.
• Ensure therapy staff meet current documentation standards and policies accordance with insurance and therapy Practice Act Guidelines .
• Ensure that patient charges are accurate and submitted on a timely basis for the department .
• Participate as or delegate the therapy representative on interdisciplinary review team.
• Coordinate, delegate and supervise responsibilities assigned to supportive staff.
• Interview and train employees, perform annual performance reviews, and address disciplinary issues as appropriate in accordance with facility policy.
• Coordinate and conducts regular staff meetings to disseminate new department information, educate staff on new trends in therapy, and hear issues in department and plan solutions.
• Maintain records pertinent to the personnel and operation of the department and provide appropriate information to the CEO, CFO and Directors of Nursing.
• Develop financial strategies by estimating, forecasting and anticipating trends, align monetary resources and create action plans with measurable results.
• Establish therapy operational strategies by evaluating trends, establishing objective measurements, determine production and productivity, evaluate quality of services, identify resources, resolve problems and implement change.
• Demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
• Represent and promote the department in the community and to referring physicians.
• Accountable for department compliance with all State and Federal regulations .
General Application - Print, fill it out and either email your application, or mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Southern Inyo Healthcare District
Attn: Human Resources
Email: HR Department
Phone: 760-876-5501, Ext: 2205