Physical Therapy Aide
JOB SUMMARY: Under the direct supervision of the Physical Therapist, prepare, assist, and observe patients for physical therapy treatments.
• High School
License or Certification:
• CPR Certification.
• CNA and/or Personal Trainer certificate/license preferred.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists patients to dress, undress, and put on and remove supportive devices, braces, splints, and slings, before and after treatments.
• Secures patients into therapy equipment.
• Safeguards, motivates, and assists patients practicing each functional activity under direction of professional staff.
• May monitor treatment given and equipment used.
• May inventory and requisition supplies
• May adjust fit of supportive devices for patients, as instructed.
• Under the supervision of the PT and with training, apply modalities and/or therapeutic treatments.
• Send evaluations and progress notes to physicians.
• Transport patients to and from the departments within the hospital.
• Pull and prepare charts each day and file at the end of the day.
• Clean rooms, mats, and equipment after each patient, including whirlpool.
• Setup rooms for treatments.
• Monitor the safety of all patients during treatments.
• Monitor and record hydroculator temperature daily.
• Clean hydroculator monthly.
• Assist the therapist in transfers, gait training, and ADL training.
• Clerical duties.
• Demonstrates knowledge and skill regarding hospital Infection Control policies and procedures.
• Appropriately utilizes the chain of command.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The employee must work well under pressure; meet multiple, and sometimes completing, deadlines.
The employee shall, at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
General Application - Print, fill it out and mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Mary Gonzales - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager