JOB SUMMARY: Perform work involving two or more maintenance skills to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipefitting, boiler repairs, insulating, welding, machining, machine and equipment repairing, carpentry, painting, plumbing and electrical work. May also include planning and laying out of work relating to repairs, repairing electrical and / or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, and floors. This occupation is generally found in small establishments where specialization in maintenance work is impractical.
• High School.
• Hospital experience preferred with working knowledge of plumbing, H.V.A.C., electrical, and pneumatic controls (Honeywell/Johnson).
License or Certification:
• Certification in H.V.A.C. helpful or 3 years hands on experience.
• Boiler and electrical license preferred, or 3 years hands on experience.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Repairs, maintains all structures – furniture, walls, and other elements of the hospital.
• Installs equipment of various types without supervision as required.
• Demonstrates the ability to perform duties that vary frequently, according to assignment.
• Repair machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals and manufacturers’ specs.
• Demonstrates the ability to observe devices (pumps, engines, motors, etc) in operation and listen to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
• Demonstrates the ability to find and repair or replace defective parts.
• Yard maintenance: mowing, weeding, planting.
• Custodial duties including floor maintenance (cleaning, buffing, waxing).
• Share standby/callback with maintenance workers.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
General Application - Print, fill it out and mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Roxanne Culp - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager