JOB SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the laboratory scientist, performs a variety of technical and clerical functions that include the procurement and processing of laboratory specimens and providing clerical support in the laboratory.
• B.S. degree in Biology or related science. Knowledge of theory and test applications of Clinical Chemistry, Hematology/Microscopy, and Coagulation are required. Must possess skills required to implement the quality control policies and procedures of the laboratory.
• One year of clinical laboratory experience preferred.
License or Certification:
• Current, valid CA Clinical Laboratory Scientist license required.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receiving, processing, and documenting verbal and fax orders.
• Establishing rapport with customers and properly recording customer information.
• Providing specimen collection instructions to customers when needed.
• Answering questions and providing information.
• Communicating with physicians and nurses to verify clarity of orders.
• Enforcing program and operational procedures.
• Reviewing orders and troubleshooting where needed.
• Generating reports/documentation according to established protocols.
• Prioritizing specimen processing and preparing specimens.
• Observing machine operations, detecting malfunctions and making necessary adjustments.
• Notifying laboratory manager of needed repairs, supplies or other related problems that may arise.
• Following organization standards and legal regulations.
• Assisting in training and orienting new employees.
General Application - Print, fill it out and bring it with you.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Mary Gonzales - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager