JOB SUMMARY: Serves patients by providing medical laboratory diagnostic and therapeutic information, products, and services.
• B.S. degree from and accredited institution plus completion of a one-year internship in Medical Technology.
• Minimum of four years experience as a Medical Technologist working as a generalist. Qualifying as testing personnel under CLIA Sec 493.1489(b)(2) and have a minimum of four years of laboratory training or experience in high complexity training. Must demonstrate ability to handle specific problems tactfully and diplomatically.
License or Certification:
• Current CA License; also preferably certified by another nationally recognized certifying agency.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Developing and implementing analytical procedures and monitoring test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure compliance with established performance standards.
• Evaluating laboratory information and reporting results according to hospital and other governing agency requirements.
• Ensuring that staff are trained and monitored for the proper usage of laboratory equipment.
• Arranging for equipment replacement, service, and maintenance as neede.
• Checking stock to determine inventory level and anticipating needed supplies.
• Places orders and verifies receipt of supplies.
• Developing and monitoring QA policies and procedures for the department.
• Assuring that corrective actions are implemented when test systems deviate from established performance specifications.
• Participates in hospital-wide monthly QA meeting and provides department information/updates as necessary.
• Generates reports and maintains department records.
• Participating in the interviewing and selection process of employees.
• Conducting employee performance evaluations.
• Participates in disciplinary actions and/or terminations as necessary.
General Application - Print, fill it out and bring it with you.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Mary Gonzales - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager