JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of routine tasks and operations prepare, season and cook foods as assigned following standard practices and procedures. Services residents, patients, and employees, washes dishes, cleans kitchen and dining room areas. Assists with catering functions as assigned.
• High School
• Good knowledge of the principles of food preparation.
• 2-3 years experience preferred in quantity cooking.
• Must be capable of learning about special dietetic diets and food preparation techniques.
License or Certification:
• Current California Food Handlers card
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Basic Math.
• Must be familiar with safe equipment operation and sanitation procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Following nutrition and presentation guidelines.
• Making production adjustments.
• Implementing federal, state and local sanitation requirements.
• Instructing others in the use of kitchen utensils and operation of equipment.
• Using readily available and seasonal ingredients.
• Adhering to established standards for quality and quantity control.
• Reviewing weekly with manager.
• Observing methods of preparation.
• Tasting and smelling prepared dishes.
• Viewing results pertaining to color and textures.
• Verifying portion sizes.
• Following up on work results.
• Orienting and training kitchen staff.
General Application - Print, fill it out and mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Start at Part time. Can work up to Full Time.
Shift : Varies
Mary Gonzales - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager