Registered Nurse (Acute)
JOB SUMMARY: The Registered Nurse (Acute) functions as an integral member of the patient care team, promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families. Has accountability for patient care, outcomes and customer satisfaction. Performs all work in accordance with established nursing standards and protocols. Must live within 20 minutes from the hospital.
• Must be a graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
• Knowledge of current nursing standards and practices.
• Minimum two years clinical expereicnce preferred.
• Minimum 2 years ER experience and CEN required.
License or Certification:
• Current California RN license; current ACLS (American Heart Association) and BLS required. Certified Emergency Nurse certificate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Promotes a cooperative working relationship with team members, physicians, other disciplines as well as the public by facilitating and enhancing communications, displaying honesty and respect, sensitivity to cultural differences, and expressing and accepting feedback in a professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
• Conducting initial assessment of all patients presenting to the ER.
• Providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
• Establishing patient care goals.
• Teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills.
• Answering questions.
• Adhering to therapeutic standards.
• Measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards.
• Making or recommending necessary adjustments
• Following hospital and nursing division’s philosophies and standards of care set by state board of nursing, State Nurse Practice Act, and other governing agencies regulations.
• Utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
• Complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
• Calling for assistance from healthcare support personnel.
• Adhering to infection control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
• Charting in patient and department records.
• Documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
• Keeping information confidential and following HIPAA regulations.
• Completing preventive maintenance requirements. Following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Checking stock to determine inventory level.
• Anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
• Maintaining par levels of medications in the ER and Acute Care.
• Pulling out-dated drugs on the first of each month.
• Counting narcotics in the ER and Acute Care at the beginning and end of scheduled shifts.
• Attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
• Communicating information and responding to requests.
• Building rapport with patients, physicians, families and co-workers.
• Participating in team-building activities and applying positive problem solving techniques.
• Fulfilling standby/on-call requirements within the established response time on a rotating basis.
General Application - Print, fill it out and mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Roxanne Culp - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager