JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for performing clerical accounting tasks in maintaining the general ledger and processes accounting data. Participates in the department's performance improvement and continuous quality improvement activities.
• High School.
• AA or Bachelors of Science or Bachelor of Business Administration Degree with a major in accounting or equivalent required.
• Minimun 3 years experience.
License or Certification:
• Current CA RN License and CPR
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Enters data into the general ledger, classifies transactions correctly, runs the trial balance.
• Reviews accounting data for accuracy and in accordance with hospital guidelines.
• Generates reports and distributes to appropriate departments.
• Updates policies on a regular basis and monitors for compliance.
• Ability to develop budget projections and analyze trends.
• Attends educational classes.
• Input, reconcile, and prepare statistical reports.
• Responsible for compiling cost report data throughout the year and filing in an organized manner.
• Maintain grant records on an up-to-date basis.
• Compile regulatory reporting.
• Support other areas within the department as necessary.
• Answers the telephone in a professional and timely manner.
• Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
• Uses time wisely.
• Demonstrates the ability to be organized and flexible.
• Accepts other duties as assigned.
• Achieves prior year goals.
• Process all accounts payable activity and general A/P, including ensure all invoices are coded to the correct G/L Accounts and cost cernters, preparing check runs and fielding vendor inquiries.
• Ensure timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms and agreed payment batch schedule.
• Resolve internal issues in Accounts Payable area.
• Handle vendor inquiries on payment status.
• Prepare and record journal entries related to medical and dental insurance premium payments.
• Prepare, review and issue annual 1099s as required by IRS standards.
• Process expedite/special check requests in a timely and positive manner.
• File voucher packages and payment evidence and maintain well organized Accounts Payable files to serve as an audit trail.
• Prepare and post journal entries including accruals and other month-end entries
• Prepare and maintain schedules/reports related to accounts payable and disbursements.
• Reconcile accounts payable sub ledger to accounts payable control account in the G/L.
• Assist with items needed for annual external audits and/or financial filings.
• Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by Director of Finance and Administration.
• Maintains an efficient accounts payable filing system for current and prior years.
• Maintain a good working relationship with external vendors and internal customers.
General Application - Print, fill it out and mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Roxanne Culp - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager