Clinic Medical Assistant
JOB SUMMARY: Non-licensed personnel to assist in all aspects of nursing and medical care within the limitations imposed by state and federal regulations, and SIHD policies and procedures. These aspects involve performing the basic routine function of Ambulatory Care in outpatient clinic under the supervision of the physician and/or licensed health care practitioner. Ability to perform medical assistant duties with back and front office responsibilities including, but not limited to answering phones, faxing, scheduling appointments, registering patients.
• High School.
• Experience in medical office preferred.
License or Certification:
• MA or CNA license preferred.
• CPR certification preferred.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written forms using the English language.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from residents, patients, physicians, peers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Demonstrates verbal ability to handle inquiries, schedule appointments, and formulate correspondence.
• Demonstrate knowledge of medical records, handling and filing.
• Demonstrates a good knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
• Consistently neat and well groomed and in full professional uniform.
• Knowledge of medical office responsibilities.
• Demonstrates an ability to work and communicate with the public and hospital personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Obtain Vital signs; height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, temperature (02 Sat)
• Prepare and/or position the patient for examination by providers.
• Obtain information required by provider to assist in diagnosis and treatment.
• Assist physician with exam and/or procedures.
• Assist with tests/procedures/dressings.
• Observe patient for adverse reaction following tests, medications, or procedures.
• Transport/escort patients to the Hospital E.R. when necessary.
• Arrange for service in other departments or outside facility; complete required forms and direct patients accordingly.
• At the direction of the provider instruct patients on preparation for tests and procedures, and give appropriate printed information.
• Inform and direct patients to other services and facilities.
• Identify and assist in problem solving issues related to patient care and service.
• Record patient data for appointments or special procedures on required forms or process.
• Support overall clinic processing of surgical pre-operative process by assisting with documentation on required forms.
• Set up medical records forms packets and maintain clinic supply, i.e. pre-operative, patient education, and transfers.
• Monitor utilization of medical/patient care supplies and orders as needed.
• Stock exam rooms with supplies, instruments, equipment, and linens as required.
• Maintain clean exam rooms, instruments, and equipment as required.
• Fill in for front desk when necessary.
• Respond to calls, refers and/or relay messages to designated person or department.
• Inform supervisor of changes or problems regarding patient care in departmental services.
• Greet all patients in a courteous and professional manner.
• Properly displays ID badge at all times.
• Attend and participate in departmental staff and in service meetings.
• Maintain currency in technology and theory by attending in service and seminars related to area of practice.
• Participate in orientation and training of new staff as assigned using department checklist. (Senior Medical Assistant Only).
• Support and participate in continuous quality improvement programs of the clinic.
• Demonstrate the highest level of caring, service and efficiency while performing all job responsibilities.
• Maintain a neat, clean and functional work area presenting a professional image.
• Comply with departmental dress expectation policy.
• Adhere to attendance policy.
• Assure that conflict does not interfere with patient care / service or is overheard by others.
• Demonstrate cooperation and a positive attitude toward visitors, patients, co-workers, and the organization.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned within the scope of practice.
General Application - Print, fill it out and mail it, Attention to HR - PO Box 1009 Lone Pine, California 93545
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Roxanne Culp - HR Manager
501 E Locust St, PO BOX 1009
Lone Pine, CA 93545
Email: HR Manager